Close

Aztech Aeromodels Forum Wide (left side)      ProgressiveRC (Half Banner, Right Side)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade 350QX

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GYRO View Post
    Had a horrible experience with my 350QX today...

So yesterday the GoPro3+ arrived, and since I had the day off for my birthday today, I figured I'd test out the 350QX as advertised, and throw the gopro on there. For those who haven't seen, this is how horizon is marketing their quad:
    Attachment 19613

Anyway, I waited for the gps to initialize in safe mode (yes, I wanted the quad in safe mode with my camera on it for the first time!) and once I got the solid green light, I reached down, turn the video on, and I took off. The Quad felt a little different, and not as steady. I attributed this to the extra weight of the camera, and flew up and down my street a few times. Then, the quad got a little high for my comfort level, so I engaged the safe mode to bring the quad back so I could go see my video... except it didn't work!

The 350QX kept getting further away, and I wasn't able to get her to "return home"... so after recycling the switch a few times, and after the quad got 200ft away and 100ft high, I turned off the radio, as this is also supposed to instantly engage the "return home" feature. IT DID NOT WORK...
    the quad disappeared over the back of the houses on my street, and into the 1 square mile wooded greenbelt behind my house.

So after spending a few hours hiking through the trees looking for the small quad, I gave up and resigned myself to the loss of my recent $750 investment. I called HH to tell them what happened, and while waiting on hold for a representative, I did a little google searching. Turns out, there is a known major issue between the gopro and the blade 350QX. Seems that when wifi is enabled (I DID NOT HAVE WIFI ON!) and/or WHEN SHOOTING VIDEO, that the GoPro will cause the 350QX to loose GPS signal. It goes beyond comprehension that this issue wasn't addressed prior to (and during the current) marketing campaign of selling this product to use specifically with the GoPro. The Quad comes with a mount specific for the GoPro!

So, the HH rep asked me to submit an email with a photo of my "leftovers" and a receipt for the GoPro. I'm very cautiously optimistic about what will happen next... but for the moment, I'm not enjoying my birthday
    This is not good! I can imagine the puzzled (and frustrated) look on your face as that thing flew away.
    I just had a great experience with HH with a Tx return and service. I know it's another department but will stay optimistic for you. This is after the fact but was there any name/ address in it? Just in case. Or do your neighbors all know "This must be crazy Gary's, the RC nut down the road!"?
    Good luck. Keep us posted. Happy belated birthday.
    EF78"Extra300,EF60"Laser,MXS,TH CLaser,CY,EDFs,RadianPro

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
    This is not good! I can imagine the puzzled (and frustrated) look on your face as that thing flew away.
    I just had a great experience with HH with a Tx return and service. I know it's another department but will stay optimistic for you. This is after the fact but was there any name/ address in it? Just in case. Or do your neighbors all know "This must be crazy Gary's, the RC nut down the road!"?
    Good luck. Keep us posted. Happy belated birthday.
    Unless my neighborhood sends out a search part that can climb trees, it is lost forever.
    See below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387464538.612127.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	19622
    Thank you to my Sponsors: Hitec, RedwingRC, BuddyRC, Demon Aero

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    You know anyone who dose fpv. They can do an aerial scout.
    He said it was a Good Idea

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    bad enough to lose the copter, but to lose the GoPro, the RX, etc. that just makes it hurt even worse.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Theres a wealth of info about mods and fixes over on helifreak
    sent from my 125" Extra whilst smoking out the pits

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Blade 350QX

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Theres a wealth of info about mods and fixes over on helifreak
    Read them all... AFTERWARDS. Information like this should be AGGRESSIVELY pushed out from the manufacturer, as all I did was use what they pictured in their ads for the quad!!!
    Blade 350QX and GoPro Hero3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387492861.561779.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	260.4 KB 
ID:	19632
    (look closely at the ad, it's a hero3!)

The Hero3 is the only GoPro with Wifi--- and according to HH on the phone today, it still puts out 2.4ghz interference even when the wifi is OFF on the GoPro! So there is no way to make the GoPro they picture 100% compatible with their product.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    They have dropped the ball massively bro I'd be taking a drive down to their headquarters and go off like a frog in a sock
    sent from my 125" Extra whilst smoking out the pits

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    They have dropped the ball massively bro I'd be taking a drive down to their headquarters and go off like a frog in a sock
    I'm politely speaking with their management about it. Had a productive phone call this evening, and will continue speaking with them until the situation is resolved.

While I'm personally upset about the financial loss involved with this mishap, I'm also very concerned about the many, many more potential mishaps that may occur with others who are getting ready to open their Christmas presents next week. I'll venture to guess that there are quite a few 350QX - GoPro Hero3 combos sitting under a few trees right now. Not one of them should be lost in the woods, or flown into someone due to this known conflict.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GYRO View Post
    I'm politely speaking with their management about it. Had a productive phone call this evening, and will continue speaking with them until the situation is resolved.

While I'm personally upset about the financial loss involved with this mishap, I'm also very concerned about the many, many more potential mishaps that may occur with others who are getting ready to open their Christmas presents next week. I'll venture to guess that there are quite a few 350QX - GoPro Hero3 combos sitting under a few trees right now. Not one of them should be lost in the woods, or flown into someone due to this known conflict.
    Well said and true! Good luck and on behalf of Santa's helpers everywhere, thank you.
    EF78"Extra300,EF60"Laser,MXS,TH CLaser,CY,EDFs,RadianPro

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Wow! I actually was checking out this thread as i was looking at the 350 at the LHS last night. I almost took it home. Glad I decided to research more! Sorry about your loss. I would me searching like mad to get the camera back at least.
    “I felt a tremendous distance between me and everything real.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information